Daytrip to Oulanka Canyon
The northern part of Oulanka National park is very peaceful even during high season. We follow hiking trail Kanjonin Kurkkaus, which runs along the Finland's most famous hiking trail Karhunkierros (Big Bear's Trail) for awhile. The trail runs in an old and diverse forest landscape, partly following the northern edge of the narrow, stony Oulanka River Canyon, the gem of the Kanjonin kurkkaus Trail. From the Oulanka canyon's steep rocky cliff you can enjoy a magnificent view.
Duration: 6-8 hours includes transfer from Ruka. Lenght: 6-13 km. (6 km Kanjonin Kurkkaus trail + 7 km more to Taivalköngäs). Kanjonin Kurkkaus is a 6 km long circle trail, but we can also make a D-tour to Taivalköngäs. It takes 7 km more walking, but that beautiful rapids with suspension bridges is worth seeing.
Group size: 1- 8. Activity will be normally arranged when minimum 2 adults are attending. But of course MyTrail has options for private/customized departures and solo travelers. Solo price is slightly higher, but if more adventurers book the same departure, solo gets refund and the price drops. So this is very good reason to find new friends and go together.
More Land of National Parks Summer Tour destinations: southern part of Oulanka National Park, Iivaara Nature Reserve Area, Hossa National Park.
This experience is provided by MyTrail. Book online or get in touch with us: +358 50 5606 633 email@example.com. All my trails: www.mytrail.fi
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
- Nettle pancakes and wild berry juice by the campfire
- One tree. For every campfire we make, we also plant a tree somewhere in the world
- Guide services
- Transfer from Ruka Village/max 5km from Ruka Village
- Clothing and shoes which are suitable for current weather
- It is always good to have a water bottle when hiking
- If you want to borrow a small backpack, let us know and your guide brings you one